Saturday, August 11, 2007

How do we live life?

When I look back, I had taken a lot of decisions, some are good and some are bad.

But sometimes if I think about it, I could see that I have not made any decisions but things fall into place and I seem to accept them.

Why do I accept whatever I get in life (be it school, college, grades, pocket money & friends)?

A little story about my childhood will explain. I lived most of my life in hostels (from kinder garden to PG), that too about 7 different hostels. The hostel life kept me prepared for most extreme situations in life, be it late night travel in train without reservation or carrying excess luggage when vacating hostel, most importantly dealing with people.

My idea of present having more importance than past no matter how good or bad it is has helped me adapting to new environment easily, accepting things and people the way they are.

Sometimes I'm more possessive about something which eventually fired back, now I realize that more possessive you are, not only you are hurting yourself but everyone around.

Anyways we (I) live life by either by "choice" or "circumstance". But choice leads to confusion and circumstances lead to dissatisfaction, in other words we (I) live life either in "confusion" or "dissatisfaction".

Why so?

Life can be looked upon in two ways (good ways to live, forget about lot of other "ways", that may give you an impression of living, believe me it's not)

  1. Everything is important in life, we can control or take care (or at least try to) of anything
  2. Everything is beyond our control, accepting things or people the way they are is the only thing that we can do

I do get confused, by which way I am living my life, I can say 50-50 (very very tasty tasty) , being "confident & not complaining" is the first way of life and being "mature & accepting" is the second way of life

Confidence we all know about it, has been taught to us in different ways and most of us seem to have it, at-least for some amount of time in life, the same can't be said about maturity, it can't be taught but should be understood and cultivated.

Let us understand what is maturity?

Sagar said, "the understanding of what the fuck I am doing & what the fuck others are doing and how it affects each other", I am perfectly fine with his point, but at the same time "understanding" of things, the way they happen is the first step in maturity, I'd like to take an example, if I ask "whom do you think are the most matured people?", most likely your answer would be a grandfather or a grandmother you know, why?

The reason is, they are the one who have seen many ups and downs in life, and they have no more of expectations from any damn person in this world.

If we ask them their suggestions about our life, they'll answer it in a committed manner as it's their life, why they don't differentiate people as them, I & we.

It simply means that "not only the understanding, but accepting everyone in this world by the way they are" is maturity.

Why accepting?

Accepting in the sense, no expectations for the help/life that we are going to do/live, giving importance to others problem as our problem and finally the "unconditional love", it's very difficult to find a grandma who discriminates her grandchildren and other kids (kids in the sense all those who are a even bit younger than them), also a grandpa who cares about your education, work and life, offering his simple but useful insight for almost all the problems that we face.

That grandpa and grandma don't expect anything from us, other than talking to them, they are not to be left alone in their elder age, it you don't take care of your parents, and then you are a sinner.

This shows how difficult it is being mature, it takes a lot of time to understand and settle down and that's why only old people are considered mature.

Now comes the question to myself "how are you going to live?"

Good question, I am trying to keep it 50-50 till I become old enough to change it to 0-100

Quote of the day:- after I felt so crazy about writing this blog it suddenly occurred to me, usual disclaimers apply, I may have read it somewhere at some point in life and I may be simply recalling it, in that case due credit to whoever has written this.

"No matter how crazy you think you are, there are crazier people out there, if you think people are crazy, you are crazier than them"

No comments: