Thursday, February 07, 2008

I am from alibag, so is Sagar

The trip to Pune was amazing one, I got to see the mighty of Marata kingdom(shivaji maharaj).

The comedy started, when I started to ask for dawoond, a place Pranav said that is 60km before Pune, so that I can call him, giving him enough time to reach railway station to pick up me.
Luckily some one said that its Daund and not Dawoond, oh my god, I started to think what would have happened if I got arrested in suspicion case, first of all I can't communicate in any language other than Tamil/English and I was carrying a book about Israel-Arab conflict in Tamil(which looks like Arabic), and it had pictures of AK-47 and Arafat, alas they would have thought me as a terrorist and god knows how many years I would have been in Jail (good creativity right).

The one complaint I have is everybody, every damn guide who talked or explained the history and significance of the place we visited missed the one thing, I noticed that everybody talks only about shivaji maharaj, shivaji was great and an amazing king, but there is history after him, it seems everybody had forgotten about that. I wanted to know about shivaji but the same time I also wanted to know more about the history of each place, and in that regard I was disappointed.

The best thing in the trip was "Alibag"

we asked to "please switch on the fan"
he said "sir there is no light"

we said "cancel the 2/3 soup order, instead bring a 3/4 soup"
he brings 2/3 + 1 full soup

"I hope you people won't booze in your rooms" , said the hotel manager
"only restaurant", he asked, when we asked for a restaurant.

I started to wonder, is Alibag, a "kind" of a place.

when we were coming back to Pranav's place, we were making so much fun about the incidents that happened in 3 days, and i/vijay recalled the first dialog,

switch on the fan
sir there is no light.

When we started to laugh fanatically, Sagar turned back and said in full ferocity, "fuckker are you from Italy, if somebody says that there is no light, then it means that there is no power, where are you from."

we (I, pranav, vijay) were stunned at sagar's reaction, we told him we dont know were we are from, but you are surely from Alibag.

1 comment:

Big Foot said...

thank you ... as I said, there's no such thing as negative publicity ...